Week 6 was a huge week for underdogs with 11 dogs covering the number and 9 of them winning straight up, including 2 double digit dogs, NYG and Mia. We did get back to a winning week but when you see a week with that many dogs cashing you want a bigger week than 3-2 but obviously much better than last week.
Week 6 Results: 3 Wins 2 Losses
What Went Right:
- Betting against Joe Flacco: The Ravens offense was a mess, Flacco averaged under 4 yards per attempt and threw 2 interceptions. The Bears had this game start to finish until they blew it late when the Ravens scored their 2nd special teams TD of the game. Jordan Howard saved the day in OT and we also cash the ML.
- Betting against Lions: This was craziest game I can remember. Saints were up 45-10, everything went their way, the turnover luck of the Lions seemed to all regress in one game and then all of a sudden it came back and they were back in the game. In the end the lead was too big to blow. Cam Jordan dominated this game with 2 sacks and an interception and TD.
- David Carr return: We bet the 1st half under with the belief that Carr would have a slow start in his first game back and that was definitely the case here. Carr had just 180 yards passing for the game and both offenses had a hard time getting on track early.
What Went Wrong:
- Oh those Browns: There were 4 double digit dogs this week and 3 covered. The one that didn’t of course was our Browns pick. I thought Kevin Hogan at the very least wouldn’t be worse than Kaiser but in fact he was. 3 interceptions, a QBR of 8 and just 140 yards passing. Browns were never in this game.
- 25 seconds: The under in the Jags – Rams 1st half was basically done in the first 25 seconds of the game when the game started with a 103 yard Rams KO return TD followed by a Fournett 75 yard TD on the Jags 1st play of the game. 2 plays-> 25 seconds-> 14 points. To add insult to injury there was a punt blocked for a TD later in the 2nd quarter.