Week 14 was not a good one. We had our first losing week in a month, it was only by one, so it was bad but not terrible. We call those Jeff Fisher weeks. Which is fitting.
Week 14: 2 Wins 3 Losses 1 Push.
What Went Right
- Alex Smith goes deep: The Chiefs had 19 passing big plays in the first 13 Weeks so under 2 a game, then last week Alex Smith had 5. This bet was also greatly helped by Carr’s broken finger, Oakland got nothing from the pass game and averaged only 2.6 yards per play.
- Levian Bell goes nuts: We had the over in Pit-Buf and Rothlisberger was doing everything he could in this game not to score with 3 Ints but Levian Bell and his incredible 298 total yards and 3 TDs got the Steelers up and us to the over in this game helped by the Bills scoring14 in the 4th quarter trying to make it a game.
- Miracle Push on MNF: The Ravens were a complete mess to start this game trailing 23-3 at one time before getting very lucky and recovering 2 straight fumbles on special teams which they turned into 14 points. This was a push that felt very much like a win because after the 1st half I didn’t see anything that made me think the Ravens were coming back.
What Went Wrong
- Jags defense: Coming into this game I thought he Jags defense had been looking better and better the last month and we know the Vikings offense struggles to score. Well in this game Bradford had no problems, averaged 8.6 yards per att, had no turnovers and was not sacked once in the game. The Vikings had 5 RZ trips in this game, they average just 2.9 per game on the season.
- Damn You Jeff Fisher!– I loved the under in the Falcons game as they were without both Julio Jones and Mohamed Sanu but the Falcons defense and special teams directly produced 21 points. Atl led 42-0 through 3 before giving up a couple of garbage scores to LA late. In an under bet the things you hate most are D/ST scores and one team getting way ahead because late game becomes meaningless. We had both here.
- Damn those Bucs: 2nd week in a row I lost betting against the Bucs and again it was their defense leading the way. Brees had a miserable game, 3 Ints – 0 TDs and a passer rating of 48.5.